Friday 18 January 2013

John Galliano's fashion comeback

John Galliano has confirmed that after 2 years, he will be returning to the fashion industry.

Galliano is taking a temporary residency in Oscar de la Renta's New York studio. The designer was fired from the luxury brand Dior in 2011 after making anti-Semitic remarks in a Paris cafe.

The designer has not had a complete break from fashion, he designed Kate Moss' wedding dress in July 2011 and has been named as the new creative director of Schiaparelli. The brand John Galliano has also continued to release collections 

Vogue reported that Galliano "has worked long and hard on his recovery", after Galliano admitted to WWD  "I am an alcoholic." de la Renta has known Galliano for many years, admires his work and is more than happy to be offering him such a vast opportunity.

 
  The designer has deeply expressed his sympathy "I said and did things which hurt others, especially members of the Jewish community. I have expressed my sorrow privately and publicly for the pain which I caused, and I continue to do so. I remain committed to making amends to those I have hurt." Vogue reported.



No comments:

Post a Comment